Pages

Friday 23 May 2014

Songs I Love #73 U2 - With A Shout (Jerusalem)


I was going to say from a time when there was an element of danger to the music of U2 but who am I kidding, not sure if U2 were ever dangerous but at least they had a bit of edge (if you pardon the pun) about them.

In truth at the time of this track the band were pretty close to being a Christian Rock band and this making of the album from which this track is taken (October) nearly split the band up, as I think Adam didn't want to be a God Botherer! 

Anyway Christian Rock or not I still love this track.

Oh, and where do we go?
Where do we go from here?
Where to go
To the side of a hill
Blood was spilt
We were still looking at each other
Oh, we're goin' back there
Jerusalem
Jerusalem

Shout
Shout
With a shout, shout it out
Shout
Shout it out

I wanna go
To the foot of Mount Zion
To the foot of he who made me see
To the side of a hill
Where we were still
We were filled
With our love

We're gonna be there again
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem

Woah...oh...
Shout
Shout
With a shout
Shout

No comments:

Post a Comment