Pages

Friday 28 February 2014

Songs That I Love #66 Clayhill - One Nerve


Clayhill hail from London and according to Wikipedia broke up in 2009. I'm not so sure that's true as I know they gigged (maybe a one off) in 2013. I'm not convinced they are from London either, as a London band wouldn't sing a song called  Northern Soul in a northern accent...

So lets ignore Wikipedia, Clayhill used to be Sunhouse and the film maker Shane Meadows uses them a lot to soundtrack his films, (This is England, Somers Town)

One Nerve was the first track I ever heard of theirs and that's why it's here but it could have been a number of tracks Cuban Heel, Northern Soul are a couple that automatically spring to mind.

 
 
Knock yourself out

I got more in the vault

You spit from the hip

You climb through the cult

I'm in a stand count

The ropes of the real

You are a no one

A spoke in a wheel

Are you gonna raise ground

Raise ground for me

And I

I see what you're doing here

I'm sick of the shit

From you and you're kind

Yeah I

I see what you're doing here

You're breaking me down

One nerve at a time

Knock yourself out

I got more in the range

A shot from the top

A cry from the cage

I'm in a head lock

A battle of will

We are a no one

A spoke in a wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment