Pages

Thursday 1 December 2011

November Music Purchases


 I quiet month this month as I try and catch up on stuff I haen't listened to but some great stuff all the same.


David Ford - 4.1 and Live in New York City catching up on a couple of releases by the wonderful Mr Ford. This live video is in New York and gives you a feel of how he works a song using a loop and his talents.



Zola Jesus – Stridulum II Recommended by fellow tweeter and music obsessive @substabdardnerd sounds a little bit like Siouxsie and The Banshees and Florence and The Machine. Good record.



The Phoenix Foundation – Buffalo say these guys on Later they are from New Zealand apparently, wherever they are from they make a glorious noise. The album comes with a code to download their second album Pegasus for free. Brilliant!



Ryan Adams – Ashes and Fire A return to form for the talent that is Ryan Adams, Beautiful.



Lanterns On The Lake – Gracious Tide Take Me Home already had a ‘gifted’ copy of this after seeing them live felt I should give the band my money, amazing debut album. Also bought 3 of their earlier EP’s all packaged beautiful my most played album of the  month. Amazing.



Turin Brakes – The Optimist: Live Tour only release celebrating the 10th anniversary of The Optimist album. 



Kate Bush - Fifty Words For Snow Much anticipated album, not as direct as say Hounds of Love but brilliant just the same. 



Ok that's it for this month, next month will have my new Christmas albums and hopefully whatever Santa brings me!




No comments:

Post a Comment